1.5
Style and Design

I would never recommend Coleman Furniture to anyone. My experience with them has been horrible. On January 15th I purchased a vanity with a stool set from Coleman Furniture, at the time of my purchase it stated that my vanity estimated delivery would be the first week of February, and I would be receiving tracking information as soon as it had shipped out. Two weeks went by and I did not get any tracking information and my product was supposed to be arriving soon so I called them to clarify when my delivery date was and they had not shipped it out yet, because they didn't have the vanity stool and would have to order it from the manufacturer and then when they received the stool they would ship out my order, but it wouldn't be shipped out until June. I was a little annoyed with this and I did not want to wait 6 months for a stool, and why didn't they call me and inform me of this right away?? Instead of calling me and telling me what was going on they just decided that they would ship my product in 6 months and I would just be okay with that?

Again I was informed that my vanity (without the stool) would be shipped out in 1 week and that it would take 1-2 weeks for it to arrive at the delivery company. This was on February 9th, I finally got tracking and shipping information emailed to me on February 20th stating that it had finally been shipped out. It didn't arrive at the delivery company until March 14th and then it didn't get delivered until the following week...

After over 2 months of waiting my vanity finally arrived, Damaged. One of the corners on the counter top were broken, there were scratches everywhere, hooks on the back of the mirror for jewelry were missing, the screws for assembly were missing, and there were no lights which were stated in the details of the product, which when I called they told me it didn't come with and that the details were regarding a different product in that bedroom set not the one I purchased. (then if its for a different piece of furniture in the set why is it in the details of the vanity??) They told me there was nothing I could do about this and that it was my fault for not understanding.

At this point I do not want this broken vanity, I tried to return it since its broken and I don't want to have to wait another 3 months for a replacement, I inform them that I want to return it and they tell me that I will have to pay a 15% restocking fee and shipping costs in order to return it. Are you kidding me?? The vanity was $851... It should not have taken this long nor should it have been damaged, I am not willing to pay shipping or 15% restocking fee, I inform them of this and then tell them to send me a replacement then, the whole product because the only this that isn't damaged or missing parts is the glass... They tell me they are unwilling to do this and that my only option is to have a technician of their choice come and repair the vanity, (I don't know how they are going to be able to repair all of the damages since the corner is literally broken off) and that they are shipping out all the missing parts. Sending me the missing parts, and having a technician come repair it are going to cost the same as the 15% restocking fee and the shipping costs so I don't see why they wouldn't just do it that way but no they want to make it as difficult as possible. They have terrible customer service, and are unwilling to compromise with me. I will not be ordering from them in the future, and I would never let any of my friends or family order from them. They were just rude, and unwilling to work with me to resolve the issues.

Review about: Coleman Furniture Customer Care.

I didn't like: Unwillingness to compromise.

Comments

Almost the exact same thing happened to me!!!