Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:
Show

Coleman Furniture - Stole my money, still no furniture!!

Tried to buy my daughter a new couch for her birthday, ordered it in October. She now has 1 piece of the 2 piece sectional in her living room. Both were delivered damaged but she was told by the deliver company to keep one piece so she had something to sit on. She was then instructed by the company to cut open the remaining piece of furniture to photograph the damage. It is now January and there is still no ship date on the furniture and they are now telling her she is responsible to getting rid of the damage piece left in her apartment. We have been so patient with this company and they have the worst customer service, only until my daughter wrote a bad review will did they offer you a refund in full. She asked if they would be coming to get the damage furniture and she was told now. This has been a complete nightmare and be prepared they don't mean 100% customer satisfaction at all!!!! This couch is costing us more money now!

I sent this as a review to their email but couldn't figure out how to post an actual review. I'm sure they won't post it!

Review:

I've been waiting for a King size bed, night stand, and mirror from them that I had to refuse.

I received my purchase (a sectional, a large dresser with a mirror, 6 drawer dresser, 2 nightstands, and a king size bed together around $3000) on December 17th but the delivery company damaged some of it. I sent back the bed, a night stand and the mirror. Every time I call they tell me they're working on it and the holidays have slowed things down. 2 days...Christmas Day and New Years Day have held it up an entire month!

I asked if I could just return it since it has been so long but the said it's a 25% non negotiable refund fee!!! The have not cared at all. Not that I want to ever buy from them again but they could have shown a little customer service and offered some store credit or a discount...something for the trouble I have been dealing with. Also, they didn't offer any sort of understanding to the matter.

Pam Lubin, the woman I've been dealing with, keeps saying she can call and get an update and that's all she can do. I have been more than patient! They are a horrible business and I'm reporting them to the BBB today. In addition to all of that, the "reputable delivery company" the used to deliver and set up my furniture tried selling me a mattress from "some side work he does" it made me very uncomfortable!!

They walked around my house in places they didn't belong and when I refused the furniture he got really agitated. I would NEVER recommend this company. I have read numerous reviews since my purchase and have read nothing but complaints about customer service. 100% Customer Satisfaction is a joke.

I asked Pam Lubin to speak to a manager and she said she was the supervisor and that I can talk to her.

Obviously she has not been helpful and she does not care about customer service. This is a perfect example of what NOT to do as a business!

Coleman Furniture - Power Sofa Set Review from Logan Township, New Jersey

Ordered power sofa and loveseat from them said 2-3 week delivery time, call within a week that delivery was ready, got rid of old furniture delivery guys showed up looking like they were just let out of prison, tried shoving furniture (sofa)through doorway destroyed it, called to see if I could accept loveseat only, they called delivery company told them I called and pissed delivery guys off. Needless to say they ripped the arm off of the loveseat so now I'm left with no furn for my planned birthday/retirement party, called Coleman they put me on hold after 15 I hung up and never heard back from them . Thank god I used a good credit card and was refunded the total amount, also glad I have camera system and a law officer living next door incase of any Repercussions from coleman or delivery co persons, what a nightmare! Beware of thier low price and free delivery promise ! Their real name I found out is Renegade furn.

Which credit card company as this is the path I am pursuing?

Damaged or defective

Coleman Furniture - TOTAL FRAUD, Unusable Sectional Delivered, and want us to pay....

2.0
Delivered sectional that will not fit together, wants to replace parts in particle board, and have us do it? Or wait months until delivery people can replace parts? As if replacing parts in a particle board base will be stable or is a valid Unusable sectional, and totally unsatisfactory customer service, rude, abrasive, and predatory. Shipping was way overdue and to receive a defective product on top was a horrifying development. We refused shipment and Coleman (RENEGADE) now wants to charge us a restocking fee of 25%, zero communication, very late shipping. This company uses funds collected for other endeavors is our belief, we are filing federal fraud charges. STAY AWAY!!!! A VERY BAD BUSINESS. Class Action Anyone?

I am auditor (CPA and CFE) & I deal with insurance regulation. I have actually talked to a family member who is a class action attorney but not in this line of work.

However, I am getting some good advice and going down this avenue. With a class action suit you will not get all of your money due to attorney fees but we can get this company to quit doing this to others. It is just a matter of getting it going. I believe (from my auditing standpoint ) they have a ponzai type scheme going as you suggested whereby they deliver defective or refurbished furniture from the get go and then get the consumer to reject it and offer to repair it for them.

The process takes so painfully long and is frustrating to the point the consumer gives in and pays the restocking fee. Now the company can resell this furniture again and has collected a portion of your money. It is a total fraudulent activity.

It just needs to be reported and audited. How far have you gotten with the feds?

Review
Cons
  • Fraud
Full refund

Coleman Furniture in Tega Cay, South Carolina - My Sectional doe not fix together! Horrible customer service!

When my sectional was delivered, we noticed that when it was connected, there was a huge gap between two of the pieces. It looks terrible. Plus, on the recliners, when reclined, there is a huge gap that I literally fall into. This info was written on the delivery sheet by the shipping company. They contacted me within a few days to a week, and asked for pictures, which I sent. This was back in October. I never heard back, so I sent them an email. They said the photos they received were not of the product. I sent the photos again and never heard back from them. I have sent several emails with no response. Needless to say I still have a brand new leather sectional that looks terrible. Very unsatisfied.
replacement of defective pieces

Coleman Furniture - The worst customer service Ive ever experinced

I order a set of red leather movies chairs from Coleman Furniture, once I received the conformation, I never heard from the company again. I initiated calls to the no customer service department for three weeks, and keep getting the same reply, the that Coleman will contact me when the order was placed. At that point three weeks had already passed. I then decided to cancel my order, the customer no service rep said that I would be charged a 25% restocking fee, "What", I explained to customer no service that the it has been three weeks since I placed the order and the chairs not been scheduled to be shipped, I contacted credit card company to get money back. Don't every buy from this company.
Review

Coleman Furniture in Morgantown, West Virginia - YOU WILL REGRET DOING BUSINESS WITH THIS COMPANY

1.3
Ordered a Rolwing Raddish Queen Storage bed. It arrived with damaged side rails so the boxes sat on my floor for 2+ months. The moving company finally assembled the bed today, AND IT IS NOT A STORAGE BED. There are no drawers!! I did NOT get what I paid for, even though I ordered in August and waited for the delivery until mid-November. I've furnished my whole house online. This is the only bad experience I've ever had. THIS COMPANY SUCKS! You buy at your own risk. I never will again, and I'll raise *** until I get a refund.
Review
Cons
  • Product was not as described
Not as described/ advertised
Full refund

Coleman Furniture in San Antonio, Texas - DO NOT PURCHASE FROM THIS DISHONEST LIERS!

On June 28th, 2014 I ordered a dinette set to be delivered to my sister in San Antonio, TX, from Coleman’s Furniture, thinking that the company had a reputation of customer satisfaction. However, even the webpage shows Coleman as the merchant, the order was passed to another company called Renegade Furniture, I did not deal with Renegade furniture, but that is how my Amex statement showed the charge. At the time I place the order, it showed that the delivery time will be 2-4 weeks. On July 24th, I received an e-mail communication that the item was shipped from the manufacturer (never knew who they were) to their (Coleman-Renegade) delivery company. The delivery company (Reliable delivery) at san Antonio, TX supposed to call my sister at San Antonio in about one week after July 24th to schedule the time for delivery. We did no hear from the delivery company, and after one week we called Reliable delivery at the number Coleman provided to us. The man at Reliable delivery told me and my sister (we both called) that some parts of the order did arrive, but he would not be able to deliver the order because a pedestal for the table was missing, a chair was broken and the whole table top did not arrive (this happened about August 4th). We called back to Coleman for an explanation and customer service at Coleman told us that the parts missing will be arriving the next day (Aug 5th) we called again to Reliable Delivery the next day and an angry man told us, there was nothing he can do for us until he receives the missing parts. We keep calling Coleman for the next two weeks, and every time we called, the customer service rep told us that the missing parts were arriving the next day via UPS, I asked for the tracking number repeatedly and they were not able to provide any tracking information for the delivery of those parts. I asked for a supervisor several times and I was never able to speak with any other person than the customer service rep which keeps telling the same “the parts are on their way”. On August 18th after being frustrated with such poor customer service I decided to look on the reviews online for Renegade Furniture, just to learn that their business practices are a nightmare for anyone that do business with them. Around August 28th and after many lies, I decided to call and cancel the order, due to the dishonest information I was receiving, bad customer service and really thinking that I was doing business with a company that was a joke. After I expressed to customer service that I definitely want to cancel the order, they pass the call to Steven Smith, who told me that on the next day the whole dinette set was going to be delivered, how that could be possible? that same day I spoke to the man at the delivery company and was told that nothing was received since the last time I contacted him? At that point I was even more frustrated and told Steven very clear to consider the order cancelled, that I could not wait for any longer to receive more lies. He apparently did not acknowledge the cancellation. I called American Express to place a dispute, and really believed that Amex would not pay Coleman/Renegade for the charge. After that we did not hear anything else from Coleman, until about one week ago (Oct 29…4 months after the order was placed) my sister in San Antonio said someone from NY was trying to contact her, she believes is Coleman, but she does not want to deal with them anymore. I already ordered another dinette set in October from Costco, and believe that it will be a completely different experience, unless the business practices in America have changed. How a Credit Card company can do business with companies that hurt they customers? Just check out the customer satisfaction reviews to learn what type of company Coleman Furniture/Renegade Furniture is, reviews from “Stole my Money” to “Scam Artists”, from many reviews, there isn’t a single one positive, all of them are horrible experiences. Here is an example of a customer review: DO NOT GIVE COLEMAN FURNITURE YOUR BUSINESS! I cannot say enough about how difficult and drawn out my experience with Coleman Furniture has been. Long story short, this is a terrible company that is run by dishonest people, and I am stunned that they are still in business. I'd like to point out that Coleman Furniture is owned by Renegade Furniture Group, which also owns Mazel Tov Furniture. The founder and CEO of the company is Yisroel Bruce Krinsky. With regards to my story, I unassumingly placed on order through the Coleman Furniture website in June of 2012. One month later, I received a brief e-mail from Steven Smith stating that their warehouse had been trying to contact me to set up a delivery date. I hadn't received a single call from anyone. I responded immediately, and thus began the first stint of phone tag. In October, nearly 4 months after I placed my order, a delivery attempt was made. The first piece of furniture that was unpacked was cracked completely in half, and the delivery company's employee advised me to refuse the delivery. I did exactly that, and was contacted shortly thereafter and told that the furniture would be repaired locally, and re-delivered at a later date. Having been warned in advance by the same delivery employee that Coleman Furniture would try to do this, but that there was no way to repair such a defect, I asked if the furniture could instead be exchanged for a new, undamaged set. Over the next 12 months, I placed between 30-40 calls to Coleman Furniture to follow-up on the issue. The replacement furniture was never shipped, and no one ever called to update me on the status of things. Each time that I called for such an update, I was automatically routed to Steven, who always put me on hold for 5-10 minutes (for no clear reason) before giving me some lame excuse and telling me he'd call me back the next day with more information. I never once received a call back. He eventually began to screen my calls, so I started calling from a private line. In July of 2013, nearly 13 months after my initial order, I finally asked for a full refund (in lieu of the "exchange" that had never materialized). Steven agreed to this, but continued to give me the run-around. By December, I started calling on a near-daily basis. Midway through the month, he told me to call back between specific hours in order to talk to "the person who handles our finances". After 3-4 additional calls, all of which were placed during the aforementioned hours, he happened to discover one day that replacement furniture had actually been shipped several weeks prior (per a "new" update that magically showed up in their system), and had already arrived in the local warehouse near my home. Prior to that day's conversation, he had never even mentioned that he was planning to re-ship the furniture. When he began insisting that someone from the warehouse had been trying to get in touch with me for weeks, I finally lost it. I told him that we had been discussing a refund, not fulfillment of the order I had placed 18 months prior, that he had agreed to this, and that this had been the topic of our last 20+ conversations. I also called him out for blatantly lying to me about the furniture having arrived in my state, given that he had repeatedly told me there were no updates in the system as recently as 24 hours prior to that conversation. Though he acknowledged that all of this was true, he kept repeating that there was no way he could issue a refund. I was absolutely livid by this time, so against my better judgment, I went on a short rant during which I told him that, as a doctor married to a lawyer, there was no way I was going to let him take advantage of my family, and that I had every intention of filing a lawsuit if the issue wasn't reconciled that same day. Less than 60 seconds later, he told me that a check for the full amount of my initial purchase would be mailed that same day. I fully anticipate that this post will receive a response stating that Coleman Furniture did, in fact, try to reach out to me, I never picked up their calls, I refused a full refund or otherwise obstructed the process, or any number of other lies meant to protect the company's nonexistent integrity. I would challenge anyone reading this post to look at the myriad posts by other customers who have had very similar experiences (links below), and to decide for themselves what to believe. It's no surprise to me that Coleman Furniture has had 70+ complaints filed against them within the past 3 years; they previously had a D+ rating on the Better Business Bureau (BBB) website, but are no longer accredited. bbb.org/new-york-city/bu… yelp.com/biz/coleman-fur… scambook.com/company/vie… pissedconsumer.com/revie… http://coleman-furniture.pissedconsumer.com/

Agree. Had a similar customer service experience myself with them; they're absolutely horrible!

Strongly advise anyone considering purchasing from them NOT TO! If anything goes wrong with the order, including damages to products received, you'll be in for a painful experience.

Wish I would have seen this before I placed an order; currently going through a worse situation with Coleman or is it Renegade?

@SA

COLEMAN FURNITURE ARE SCAMMERS! THE POLICE NEEDS TO GET INVOLVE. CORPORATE THIEVES!

Shut up, get a life! Coleman-Renegade is wonderful!

#1451916
@Anonymous

Lmao!!! That reply is priceless... It totally confirms this customers story about this company...

View more comments (4)
Review

Coleman Furniture in Boston, Massachusetts - A NIGHTMARE -- DON'T EVEN CONSIDER BUYING FROM THEM.

I ordered a sideboard on August 16, 2014. After placing many, many phone calls to customer service about a delivery date after waiting 6 weeks, I finally was scheduled for delivery. The delivery company informed me that there are no deliveries to Queens on the weekends and that I had to schedule either Tuesday or Thursday. So I scheduled for a Thursday and had to call in a sick day to wait for the delivery. Well, after waiting all day, I called the delivery company and they asked me if I hadn't gotten their message -- which was left at my work number -- that the delivery "was not going to happen that day" -- the exact words she used. No apologies, no reason, nothing. So, after much yelling, they suddenly decided they would make an "exception" and delivery to Queens on a Saturday. Well, when the merchandise finally showed up after 2 1/2 months, the sideboard was so damaged -- screws from legs bored through bottom into the cabinet -- scratches on the front and no hardware was the least of it. Needless to say, I sent it back with the delivery people. Well, it is now the end of October - after placing many, many calls to customer service and not even getting the courtesy of return call -- it is in the hands of the credit card company. If that doesn't work, it's small claims court and then my next stop is the Better Business Bureau. This company is either run by total incompetents or they are just rip-off artists.

Was the $1550 a judges decision? Did coleman actually send someone to represent themselves?

I am contemplating doing the same just don't know if I should cut my losses or attempt to make a point. What irked me was their "How we keep our cost low" page. They actually said "because customers don't return items" - More like, We make it so difficult it's impossible to return. I read on Yelp of a girl canceling an order that wasn't in stock - after they billed her.

They charged her to restock the item that wasn't in stock! For me. Damaged, wrong color, not as described. No apologies (which makes it so much harder to swallow).

I have to pay to reship an item the wrongfully sent me! They said "well, you're sending back a used item"... As in I opened it so now it's considered used! You have to open the package eventually!

I opened the box but it was encased in clear pastic so it didn't take effort to see wrong color or damage.

Still my fault.

Thanks for sharing your experience. I cannot express more strongly - DON'T BUY FROM THEM!!!!

Furniture Fix Review

Coleman furniture is AWFUL DO NOT BUY FROM THEM. It's been 2 months and nothing has been resolved! I want my furniture fixed or my money back! !!!!!!
Review

Coleman Furniture - BUYER BEWARE! Worst company to buy from!

“My experience with Coleman Furniture has been a nightmare. I was excited to order a leather sectional from Coleman Furniture in June 2014 because I was saving money. Delivery time was about 3 weeks from placing the order so everything seemed to be going good. My sectional was delivered in the first part of July and that is when my horror story begins. Each and every piece of the sectional was damaged, mostly upholstery tears and rips but there was also a mechanical problem with one of the power reclining pieces. I immediately called Coleman Furniture and they advised me to refuse shipment. They also required that the furniture that was sent back to the moving company be repaired for me and not replaced with undamaged furniture. I was disappointed in this policy since I had ordered new, undamaged furniture but they assured me it would be like factory new. It took numerous calls, emails, and a lot of stress to get the furniture redeliveried to me 2 1/2 months later. They had assured me that the furniture was repaired and like new. That was not the case. Each piece that came off the delivery truck was still damaged, some with even more damage than before. The mechanical problem with the recliner was the same as before. I once again refused shipment. I am frustrated with this company because even after all these problems, they still refuse to refund my money. I am still without furniture and it is the end of September. This has been a horrible experience. Do not take any chances ordering from this company. It is not worth the any amount of savings. Coleman Furniture has been the absolute worst company I have ever dealt with. BEWARE!!”

I too have just had a nightmare experience with Coleman Furniture and wish that I had found these reviews before I made my purchase. Friends are advising me to consider litigation to resolve my dispute so I won't go into specific detail here yet but I will re-post at a later date with all the information once I have a resolution.

In the meantime, I want to warn any other potential customers to BEWARE and please, please, please carefully evaluate any purchases you are considering from Coleman Furniture.

The savings in $$ are just not worth the risk.

I have had the exact same kind of situation.....I really wish I had read the reviews before I placed the order. Not worth the savings...pay a little extra and get the furniture in a timely manner and in good condition. No company should be in business with this kind of customer service and product delivery times.

View more comments (1)