Coleman Furniture - Coleman Complaints? Report unfair business practice, visit ftc.gov/complaint, FTC
Update added by user Apr 02, 2016
Renegade Furniture is their sister company/same executive, Ari Greenwald, V.P.and his assistant Felice Collazo.
You can reach them via email at firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org or you can call Felice Collazo, Director of Operations at 516 282 3095.
She offered me a refund but did not follow thru with it.My claim was finally refunded today after emailing the CEO of Paypal at midnight, this morning.
Update added by user Mar 31, 2016
Dear distraught customer,
Simply call the manufacturer of the item you purchased from Coleman, i.e.Ashley and speak to customer service.
Tell your story and send plenty of pictures of the damage and they will reach out to Coleman Furniture for you. Coleman cannot afford the opportunity of tarnishing their precious relationships with these companies. Note: As a second level of security, pay for your furniture via Paypal; to protect your purchase. If something arrives damaged, take plenty of pictures and refuse to take delivery.
Ask for proof of the return, even if you have them sign a note that you have hand written. Coleman had the audacity to ask me several times for proof that the love-seat was returned and the delivery company had me sign an electronic device only, no paper. They finally admitted it after I forwarded the chain of emails to customer service to the manufacturer/maker. Paying for the advertised 'new' means you only accept in 'new' condition, not repaired or patched up furniture.
It takes a month to return repaired items and Coleman is in NO RUSH to get it back to you.
I read the negative comments prior to my order but assumed it was a few angry people.I learned my lesson the hard way.
Update added by user Mar 31, 2016
I discovered the answer!Working for CEO's for 25+ years I learned alot.
I decided in my frustration to reach out to manufacturer of the set I purchased from Coleman. They in turn contacted Coleman.
Within minutes, I received an email from an unknown person/sister-company called Renegade/Director of Operations who said my refund was being processed asap for the damaged loveseat."CHECKMATE" That move worked!
Update added by user Mar 30, 2016
Never accepted delivery of the love-seat from day one and to this day my living room is empty on one side.
Original review posted by user Mar 30, 2016
Ordered and paid for via Paypal in December.Delivered 2/9/16.
Sofa great! Loveseat damaged with a hole in the armrest and lighted cup holder would not shut off and a dent in the back right side. On 3/8/16, returned the loveseat and the dent was gone, left cupholder light would not cut off (failed to fix) and now right cupholder would not work unless pressed very hard, several times. The hole in the armrest had a patch over it.
BADDDDDD Business! Now, Melonie in Customer Svc says cupholders are on backorder til May. They asked if I would accept it broken and send someone to come and fix it later. I said NO!
I want a refund! Paypal contacted Coleman to request a refund and Coleman LIED and sd I have both pieces in my possession and did not reject the loveseat. I bought new not damaged patched or repaired. This is FRAUD!
I payed in Dec.
and it's almost April.I want the money refunded for the defunk loveseat.
More Review Details
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
|Diversity of Products or Services|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Patched up furniture
- I paid for brand new
- Shady company
- Reason of review:
- Damaged or defective
- Preferred solution:
- Full refund
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Delange Power Reclining Living Room Set
- Review category
- Furniture and Decor
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "My husband and I purchased a sectional from Ashley and as the others have stated, the Durablend started peeling. The salesperson had also told us that Durablend was more durable..."
- "We submit our order in August. We received part of the order in October and the rest of the order mid December !!! But the coffee tables were not..."
- "These people delivered (2) new leather couches 1-1/2 months late in July, 2008. Tore a hole in (1) couch when bringing in to the room. Since then, they have moved..."
- "i sent in my complaint 2 weeks ago....where is it? it is the same situation with the freezer leaking water because the defrost does not work and ice builds up...."
- "Iready is a website that is "educational" for children. Not true! This website is just an excuse to make money as the website is very glitchy and VERY poorly made!..."
- "We spent a lot of labor prepping the deck properly according to instructions. Spent a lot of hours applying the deck over. Actually left town to allow the decking to..."
- "Had been using a Gillette fusion but decided to try Harry's because the cost of replacement blades is much less expensive but on the very first time using a Harry's..."
- "I take a delivery of what thought was bad *** gaming lap top, For $3371.87 + tax the systems seem to performed like it was advertised. 9 months into usages,..."
- "I ordered three ladies adult shirts.Relaxed fit does not fit this shirt. They are regular tight t'shirts. I ordered a ladies adult small shirt I get a CHILD's small shirt...."