Coleman Furniture - Coleman Complaints? Report unfair business practice, visit ftc.gov/complaint, FTC
Update added by user Apr 02
Renegade Furniture is their sister company/same executive, Ari Greenwald, V.P.and his assistant Felice Collazo.
You can reach them via email at firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org or you can call Felice Collazo, Director of Operations at 516 282 3095.
She offered me a refund but did not follow thru with it.My claim was finally refunded today after emailing the CEO of Paypal at midnight, this morning.
Update added by user Mar 31
Dear distraught customer,
Simply call the manufacturer of the item you purchased from Coleman, i.e.Ashley and speak to customer service.
Tell your story and send plenty of pictures of the damage and they will reach out to Coleman Furniture for you. Coleman cannot afford the opportunity of tarnishing their precious relationships with these companies. Note: As a second level of security, pay for your furniture via Paypal; to protect your purchase. If something arrives damaged, take plenty of pictures and refuse to take delivery.
Ask for proof of the return, even if you have them sign a note that you have hand written. Coleman had the audacity to ask me several times for proof that the love-seat was returned and the delivery company had me sign an electronic device only, no paper. They finally admitted it after I forwarded the chain of emails to customer service to the manufacturer/maker. Paying for the advertised 'new' means you only accept in 'new' condition, not repaired or patched up furniture.
It takes a month to return repaired items and Coleman is in NO RUSH to get it back to you.
I read the negative comments prior to my order but assumed it was a few angry people.I learned my lesson the hard way.
Update added by user Mar 31
I discovered the answer!Working for CEO's for 25+ years I learned alot.
I decided in my frustration to reach out to manufacturer of the set I purchased from Coleman. They in turn contacted Coleman.
Within minutes, I received an email from an unknown person/sister-company called Renegade/Director of Operations who said my refund was being processed asap for the damaged loveseat."CHECKMATE" That move worked!
Update added by user Mar 30
Never accepted delivery of the love-seat from day one and to this day my living room is empty on one side.
Original review posted by user Mar 30
Ordered and paid for via Paypal in December.Delivered 2/9/16.
Sofa great! Loveseat damaged with a hole in the armrest and lighted cup holder would not shut off and a dent in the back right side. On 3/8/16, returned the loveseat and the dent was gone, left cupholder light would not cut off (failed to fix) and now right cupholder would not work unless pressed very hard, several times. The hole in the armrest had a patch over it.
BADDDDDD Business! Now, Melonie in Customer Svc says cupholders are on backorder til May. They asked if I would accept it broken and send someone to come and fix it later. I said NO!
I want a refund! Paypal contacted Coleman to request a refund and Coleman LIED and sd I have both pieces in my possession and did not reject the loveseat. I bought new not damaged patched or repaired. This is FRAUD!
I payed in Dec.
and it's almost April.I want the money refunded for the defunk loveseat.
More Review Details
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
|Diversity of Products or Services|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Patched up furniture
- I paid for brand new
- Shady company
- Reason of review:
- Damaged or defective
- Preferred solution:
- Full refund
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Delange Power Reclining Living Room Set
- Review category
- Furniture and Decor
You May Also Like
- " Be wary of purchasing anything here. I purchased the Venice Sofa, Love Seat and Ottoman and spent about $2000 for it. I love the set but am having warranty..."
- "We have had Jeromes service person to our house three times to look at our sectional because the vinyl fabric started wearing through in the first three months. Each time,..."
- "Please don't buy the Sundvik Crib from IKEA - SUNDVIK crib review I LOVE(D) IKEA. But now I am having serious doubts. We purchased the Sundvik Crib last..."
- "The older lady in the normandy blv. Store in jacksonville butchered my hair so bad that i had to get a pixi cut . i wanted a angled bob... This..."
- " Product: Florist Designed Bouquet - BEST VALUE PER WEBSITE Look at the picture.....Just Pitiful! These "Florist Arranged" flowers which we paid $39.99 for the Deluxe Arrangement (full price). The deal at..."
- "GEICO SUCKS......I WILL BE IN COURTS WITH THESE MORONS VERY SOON! THEY LIE, THEY TAKE YOUR MONEY, THEY DO NOT WANT TO PAY WHEN YOU HAVE AN ACCIDENT, OR WHEN..."
- "Ridiculous delays in shipping, packaging that is clearly labeled "FRAGILE" on all sides of the box is NOT being taken note of, many packages arrive smashed. I have witnessed drivers..."
- "Stay away from Legal Zoom!!! There is NO WAY to cancel services on your account. I tried to remedy the situation with my credit card but I guess I will..."
- "Purchased a 6.5 ft Aspen Silver Fir Tree with Candlelight bulbs, received a tree with clear LED and one strand of Candlelight. See picture, Yellow Candlelight bulbs on bottom, clear..."