Nicole F Fek

Liars and scammers

Coleman Furniture - Liars and scammers

I ordered a couch in March and expected the 7-8 week delivery. When they called to schedule delivery in the beginning of May I was so excited.

The night before delivery I was told that they sent the wrong one, and they did not deliver it. How does it take 7-8 weeks to send the wrong couch? Is there no inspection?

After that I was told a replacement would be expedited. "Expedited" to them meant it would take another 4 weeks to ship.

I have to continually ask for updates and they responded today and said it would be another month. They gave absolutely no reasoning and have made no effort to make this right. When I asked they offered me $50 credit or refund.

That is nothing when it comes to the purchase of a COUCH. Doesn't even make a dent.

You are better off ordering from any other company, do not get scammed and lied to like I have.

Preferred solution: Price reduction

User's recommendation: DO not order from Coleman Furniture

Gustavo S Lde

| map-marker Morristown, New Jersey

Worst shipping time

I bought a sofa on Coleman's website about 1 month ago (I still haven't received it). I received 1 email with the deadline of the 20th of August, and now I received another one from the 25th of August, that is, until when will they change? do i buy another sofa elsewhere or wait?

User's recommendation: dont buy

Ralpheal Nfx

Verified Reviewer

WORST EXPERIENCE WITH A FURNITURE COMPANY EVER!!!

WORST EXPERIENCE WITH A FURNITURE COMPANY EVER!!! Just moved into a new home & wanted to invest in a few quality pieces for the house.

Purchased an extendable dining room table for almost $2,000. Upon delivery the leaves were not installed (as I requested) but laid on the carpet face down. I took a good look at leaves & noticed both had some damage to them. Driver had already left but I called right away since their policy states anything reported within 24 hrs would be handled.

Called multiple times with no answer. I left a detailed message & requested a call back. After speaking with a rep & sending pics of damage I was told there was nothing they could do. Asked if they could just send replacement leaves & the answer was no.

Was told my ONLY OPTION was to take a $75 payment to use for a furniture technician to fix. They gave me a phone # & guaranteed that the amount would cover such services to 'bring it back to 100% manufacturer's standard'.

Reached out to the furniture technician & they took weeks to finally tell me that it would be $65 just to come to my house & could be anywhere around $300 to fix the leaves. I shared this with Coleman rep who told me because I agreed to take the $75 there was nothing they could do?!?!?!?! Blasted them with an email & asked to speak to a supervisor who could take care of this & got a muffled message/email stating the same thing.

This is the worst customer service I have EVER experienced in my entire life for a very expensive piece of furniture!

They back you into a corner without any option but ONE & then tell you it's on you & there's nothing they can do because you chose that option at the time, you know, when you thought the rep wasn't lying & the repairs would be made. Utter & complete dishonesty, excuses & blame & overall shameful business practices are what Coleman Furniture is all about.

Stay away!!! Buyer Beware!!!

Johnthan Ver
map-marker Jacksonville, Florida

A month and no sofa & loveseat

Coleman Furniture - A month and no sofa & loveseat

had purchased sofa and loveseat a month ago. A sofa showed up, cut in leather.

I called and they asked how I can be compensated. Really, how about a new sofa. The loveseat never showed up and was forgotten at some warehouse.

A week went by an no word of my order.

I had to call and they told me the same thing they did a week ago. If I wanted to cancel my order, $395 for shipping (one defective item and another that didn't show up) also $485 or 15% of the cost, again for nothing that showed up.

Mystie Xoi

Verified Reviewer

Molding strip came loose and chips appeared in a chair soon after receiving

Be wary if you are searching for furniture and you look at the manufacturer Homelegance. I purchased a dining room table, 4 chairs, a hutch, and a China cabinet, which I received at the end of January.

They delivered the chairs with some of the legs loose. Luckily, they left me the tool to tighten them with. There's also a gouge that they had covered with stain in the China cabinet. Within 8 days of receiving the furniture, I found a piece of the molding on one of the cabinet doors, which has glass on it, had come loose.

Luckily, I was able to push that back into place. Then 6 days later, I found a chip on the front side of the chair back of one of the chairs that I use on a daily basis. Then around 6 days after that, I found even more chips on the same chair at the very top of the chair back and one is on the back side. I filed claims with the warranty company they used.

Denied. After the second time, I contacted Coleman directly. On that day, I found yet another chip missing, this time on the back side of the chair back. They filed a claim with the manufacturer, who says it's not a manufacturer defect.

The customer support person indicated that They suggest hiring a local furniture technician to have the issue addressed and bring it back to 100% manufacturer's standard. With all the damage to one chair within 2 to 3 months of receiving it, it really makes me wonder what their standards are. On top of everything else, sometime after the problems started, I left a poor review of the quality of the furniture on Coleman's website.

Either I'm blind, or they didn't post it. That would explain the high rating for the furniture, though.

Preferred solution: I just wanted to give people an idea of what they are in for when purchasing from them.

User's recommendation: Do not buy anything from them!

Simi Rih

Ridiculous return policy

Coleman Furniture - Ridiculous return policy

This was the first time I ordered from this company. My item arrived when I was away and when I tried to return it they told me that the 5-day return window had closed.

FIVE DAYS. That's all they give you to return an item. The customer service representative I spoke with was rude. The worst part was that I found the stool on several other sites for $100 whereas Coleman charged me $150.

Do not order from this company. They are just out for your money.

Cons:
  • Have a 5-day return window

Preferred solution: Full refund

User's recommendation: Don't use this company

Catalina M Hle

AWFUL experience!

Coleman Furniture - AWFUL experience!
Original review Dec 01, 2022

AWFUL experience!!! The site said the couch will be "ensembled in the room of preference".

The couch arrived already put together and did not fit anywhere. They said they`d charge us $599 for shipping and 15% of the total cost ($1100) to return.

When I called them, the lady (Amy Harris) was extremely rude, unprofessional, and said that it`s not their fault we didn`t use common sense. There`s no mention of this couch coming into one piece, but there is a mention of it saying it would be ensembled in the room of our choice. According to their representative, we did not use common sense, because none of their photos shown the couch in separate pieces.

WHAT?!

I have never been treated with this much disrespect in my whole life. She was yelling on top of me, I barely could get a word out. When I tried to leave a customer review, she must`ve disconnected that feature, because I did not even have that option after the call. I would not even recommend this company to my worst enemies!

Buy elsewhere and save yourself the absurd amount of stress! I will be sharing this bad experience with my social media followers soon too!

Loss:
Cons:
  • Customer service is awful
  • Return policy
  • Website induced us into error

Preferred solution: Full refund

User's recommendation: AWFUL company! RUN away!

Guest

Absolutely the worst I've ever had to deal with as well. Utter nonsense you go through and at your continued financial expense as well.

Nothing goes right with them. If you get broken or defective furniture that you bought brand new, it shouldn't be costing you a lot of extra cash and stress from all the back breaking requests they demand as well. It's a total nightmare. They even demanded to see a picture of me tossing out the defective couch now.

I don't have the new one yet! Insane people... I did get them to agree to wait but the sheer audacity of it all is just to weird for me.

Totally caused me anxiety.. ;o/

Guest
reply icon Replying to comment of Guest-2322973

So sorry you're dealing with such stress too. This company should be closed down.

It's utter trash!

I hope the nightmare will end soon for you. Fingers crossed.

View more comments (1)
Lyann Wrt

Coleman Furniture FRAUD!!!

Lies and lies and lies.

Took 13 months to finally piece together my daughters bedroom set after the order was to be completed in 6 months.

9 deliveries where nobody showed up 5 times. Or called.

Other times they sent the wrong furniture.

Incomplete furniture. Broken furniture.

Customer service lied multiple times.

Avoid at all costs!

Cons:
  • Fraudulent company

Preferred solution: Apology

User's recommendation: Avoid!

jenny j Jmo

| map-marker Cedarhurst, New York

Return Nightmare

Coleman Furniture - Return Nightmare

I bought a chest of drawers off of this company. I was called by the delivery company and told the day of delivery.

They showed up early so I was still at work. They stated that they had drove from Tampa and needed to get back so they asked if I could get a neighbor to come and accept delivery. I did get a neighbor to do this. When I got home, I could see that the chest of drawers was the wrong color.

I have the same furniture in my bedroom but mistakenly picked the wrong color when I was ordering. If I was home, I could have seen this and declined delivery.

I called the company soon after, which was within the return time. I told them that I made the mistake and that I knew I would have to pay some kind of penalty. I paid a total of 1063.58 with free shipping.

When I called to get a resolution the customer service reps were not helpful at all and appeared to try to want to upset me. I can deal with that since it is hard to get good employees these days and it is obvious this company has horrible employees.

The problem that I have is that I paid a total of 1063.58. Coleman Furniture wants to charge a 149.10 restocking fee and then 618.00 for shipping. So out of the 1063.58 that I paid for this chest of drawers, they only want to refund 296.48.

I made the mistake and knew I would have to pay a penalty but to only get 296.48 back is a total rip off.

I tried to reason with them and stated that I would be buying the correct color so they would make money off of that transaction as well as they would be delivering the new chest of drawers so they could pick up the return item so not to make a special trip to just pick up the returned item. They would not accommodate me at all.

Loss:

Preferred solution: Exchange for correct item for a reasonable cost

User's recommendation: Don't buy from this company

map-marker Seattle, Washington

Coleman furniture is a SCAM at heart

Coleman didn't deliver my furniture in the 4-to-5-week timeframe. Their delivery company never called or text me nor left voicemail messages like they indicated in their phony email.

They've threatened to sue me which is fine for their BOGUS fees. Coleman will learn someday... Hopefully. Lies catch up eventually.

And they will be exposed for their lies and wrong doings. youve been warned.

AND the BBB tells everything. They are horrible

User's recommendation: Avoid AT ALL COSTS IF YOU VALUE YOUR MONEY

| map-marker Denver, Colorado

Coleman’s created a fraudulent order in my name!

I received a notice after they had picked up my damaged set, that they tried to keep 600.00 for a pick up! I received a email for them stating my order is ready for delivery.

I did not order anything and I sure as heck would never order anything ever again. when I brought it up to the delivery company they said it was a error. When I brought it up to Colemans they said that the order had been canceled. I wanted to know who created it?

They wouldnt talk. This *** if a company is so dishonest and fraudulent!I am so sick of being lied to by this company . Im still sleeping on the floor, because colemans refused to put my original bed which is 4 rails, back together, that they took apart. I asked him to fix the handle on the screen door they broke ,flat out no .could you please put my bed back together,?flat out no were not gonna do it everything was no.

They caused me to miss 3 days of work, damage the bedroom set trying to put it together twice but didnt have the tools to do it or parts and then then they didnt know what they were doing they asked me for instructions they wanted to know if I knew how to put the bed together?

Really?? This company is a nightmare

User's recommendation: Stay away from Coleman’s! Their furniture is damaged and they refuse to take responsibility! There delivery people are untrained and inexperienced it’s a nightmare company it always Saddletown Colemans renegade which is Colemans

Verified Reviewer

This is a criminal company! They are crooks!

I despise everything about this company. I have calls you and your rep laughed, Ive been hung up on, due to your incompetency.

You had the wrong phone number and accused me of not returning your calls! Then you lied and said I signed off on the entire set which was just a lie. I hand wrote I refuse to sign on bed!

There is so much more. Im Giving each one of your personal review on Facebook because youre special

Loss:
Cons:
  • Total lack of care and concern for the customer
  • Return and shipping information not easy

Preferred solution: Full refund

User's recommendation: Coleman’s is a nightmare!

| map-marker Denver, Colorado

I’ve never been so appalled at the unprofessional employees Coleman furniture portrays

The people showed up they didnt have the hammer they didnt have tools they were missing parts and they broke my handle lock my screen door by slamming it so hard. This was not a white glove delivery at all like they claim.

Theres so much that went on here I cant right at all. My bedroom said its still not put together because missing parts and theyre putting me off. And now that theyve been here twice, I dont want them back in here a third time because Im not gonna know anymore than they did before and they sent different people every time.

Their communication is pathetic and they toss you around from people to people and they refuse to work with you in taking care of the situation. They wont reimburse me for their people breaking my door for absolutely refuse they just wont Ive missed two days of work and a lot of money and they wont take care of that and now I have to miss another day.

Pros:
  • Great prices
Cons:
  • To return and replace it would cost me fifteen percent
  • Sketchy delivery guys that damaged table during assembly
  • False advertisement full customer satisfaction guaranteed

User's recommendation: Don’t buy Coleman’s! You’ll regret it!

Customer C Ktw

| map-marker New York, New York

Avoid this place at all costs! Scammers! Only charges money and never ships product! No refund either!

Do not buy from here! I ordered furniture a month ago and they called to schedule a delivery several times but the next day, they said they have not received it.

A few days later they say it is on back order! It was never in stock to begin with! I requested a refund but the manager did not respond. Why do they charge the item without having even shipped it?

This is suspicious. I called customer service to follow up and they didn't even bother to apologize. Very cold and uncaring as if I was bothering them. Terrible customer service agents who don't care about their customers.

Unbelievable! They are acting like scammers not shipping the item and not issuing me the refund either. Why even charge in the first place and tell me it will arrive the next day? They ignore my multiple emails as well.

If they made a mistake, they can at least have the decency to cancel it and refund immediately. Why the delay and non response? My husband and I discarded our bed the night before since we got a call for the delivery the next day. We are sleeping on the floor now because of their big mistake.

He is in pain due to his back operation and it is getting exacerbated due to Coleman's huge error. Extremely upsetting. Fake company!

Do not do business with them. You have been warned!

Preferred solution: Full refund

User's recommendation: Do NOT, I repeat, DO NOT buy from Coleman Furniture! They are scammers.

AR T Yzg

| map-marker Kansas City, Kansas

DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME!!! THEY ARE A JOKE!!!

I have been waiting for my furniture for 2 months now. That is not the problem, the problem is once the delivery company NEED IT NOW DELIVERS got my furniture it has been a mess every since.

They called me on 5-17-22 stating that my appointment for delivery would be 5-25-22. That I would receive a call 24 hours in advance with a time frame on when the furniture would be delivered. So I get an automated call which dropped, I never got the time frame, and they never called back. You call them and no one every answers the phone.

So I figured they were still coming, I took off and waited all day for them to email me at 4:16 saying due to unforeseen circumstances the delivery would not be made. I call Coleman and was told the driver had an accident and I would now have to wait until the 31st. One of their workers called me Friday 5-27 and stated that their delivery driver decided to call off of work because of the holiday, so no accident. That I had to now wait until 6-1 and I will get my confirmation call prior.

Of course no call and when I called the delivery company no answer. I call Coleman, and now I have to wait until 6-6 because the furniture left the warehouse and has to be respected. I told them that I want to cancel the order since they can't seem to get the furniture to me. To be told by a Colman rep who was very rude and kept talking over me and cutting me off.

That I will have to pay a 15% fee because it is already in the delivery process.

Even though it is on their delivery company that I'm guessing only has one delivery person. I have never in all my time of online purchases had to deal with such unprofessional people.

Cons:
  • Returns department not cooperative
  • Dont care about customer experience

Preferred solution: MY ORDER CANCELLED AT NO CHARGE

User's recommendation: Do Not Bother With these people.