Coleman Furniture - Damage during delivery and an attempt to hide it
I had a leather sectional delivered, and a single piece of packing adhesive was left on the back corner of the couch. My fiancee signed off on delivery because everything seemed to check out, and she just assumed they forgot to take that corner off in their rush to be gone. When she removed it, she could see that there was damage and the adhesive was obviously placed there by the delivery men to hide it! When I was told about this I immediately called both the woman I had spoken with that day (a whole other conversation, as they changed the delivery time three separate times, including that same day we were expecting delivery). I also called customer service at Coleman to officially have this on their records. I was on the phone with them within 10 minutes of delivery.
After an "investigation" by them, they determined that the delivery men did not damage it because they have a picture of the sofa taken by the delivery men. The damage was on the back corner of the right side of the sofa, while you're facing it. Their picture was from the front of the sofa, on the opposite end of the damage. However, the way their picture was taken, it is impossible to see the damage. When I pointed this out to the customer service rep, she said that they have special software that allows them to zoom in and see wherever they'd like, and that they looked and didn't see any damage on the delivery photo. I asked if their special software has a magical x-ray feature, because it's on the opposite side of the couch, completely hidden in the photo. She reiterated that this was the statement that management gave her and that it is their proof that there was no damage.
Don't buy from this company. They are horrible and won't own up to their mistakes, and will even go to lengths to attempt to cover them up.
More Review Details
|Advertised vs Delivered|
|Product or Service Quality|
|Style and Design|
|Value for money|
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
|Diversity of Products or Services|
You May Also Like
- "Ordered and paid for via Paypal in December. Delivered 2/9/16. Sofa great! Loveseat damaged with a hole in the armrest and lighted cup holder would not shut off and a..."
- "We purchase a leather sofa quite some time ago. We didn't "love" it but we owned it. It was miserably uncomfortable.2 weeks ago we were moving it and happened to..."
- "I have tried to resolve this issue in an amicable way but this Company will not make good on their products, I purchased approximately $12,000 at this store to include..."
- "Purchased Commercial gooseneck lighting for outdoor sign lighting and for my exterior seating area and awning lighting purposes. After 15 days I finally received my order. I ordered all the..."
- "I ordered a doberman and i got a nite mare.600 dollars plus spaying and i got this..."
- "I ordered Stone Outdoor Fireplace which arrived with a broken base. I called Sunjoy Industries at 866-578-6569 four times. Spent more than an hour waiting for a live person...."
- "Bad water? DON"T BUY from AZTEC located in Saskatchewan Product is garbage, Service and Management is even worse! Takes months to get a service man and Hidden fees for Mileage..."
- "Hello. I'm completely disappointed with this store. The worst costumer service I have ever experience. They're no interest in providing any help. I had ordered one pair of boots, but..."
- "This driver was sitting in traffic blocking the road for 20 minutes talking on his cell phone. I stopped because i use this company and thought the truck was disabled..."