Coleman Furniture - Leather sofa started peeling within 24 hours! Nonexistent customer service!
Absolutely horrible customer service!
If you buy furniture from Coleman Furniture you are taking a huge risk. If you receive defective merchandise, don't expect to hear back from them. After receiving defective leather furniture, I called Coleman Furniture's customer service number, left messages and emailed them with photos of the peeling leather. After a week of trying to get a resolution, I have not ONCE received a returned phone call. Every time I speak to a customer service rep at Coleman Furniture I have to reexplain the situation and then I'm put on hold for excessive periods of time (usually over 20 minutes) often just to get disconnected. I'm continually told they will look into it and call me back, but then I never receive a call. After emailing photos of the peeling leather to a customer service agent at Coleman Furniture, the agent responded that getting it repaired would be "complicated." His exact words were, "I'm not a private investigator... I don't know if it got run over by a bulldozer or what."
I placed an order with Coleman Furniture for the Walnut Axiom Sofa & Loveseat on August 11, 2013. One week later I was contacted by their local delivery company notifying me that the sofa and loveseat had "manufacturing defects." The representative said the delivery drivers had inspected the furniture and since it was not in 100% condition they could not deliver it because it would need to be "repaired" first. I was already concerned at this point because I paid over $1800 for new furniture, not repaired furniture.
The furniture was finally delivered on Thursday, September 5th. Upon visual inspection the sofa and loveseat appeared fine, but on Saturday after sitting on the loveseat, we found the brown "coating" on the loveseat started to peel on the area we sat. There is an area on the bottom of the back cushion of the loveseat where the surface appeared bubbled. When you rub it with your finger, the brown coating peels right off on your finger. Now I can't get any call back from Coleman Furniture despite calling over 10 times in the past week, leaving voicemails, and emailing photos.
Stay away from this company - If they sell you defective merchandise, their customer service is nonexistent. I will never purchase anything from this company again and hope my review of their service will save someone else from this headache.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Defective Leather Furniture
- Review category
- Furniture and Decor
You May Also Like
- "This is how my pillow looked after just six months......I washed it after 3 weeks and the case never came clean....The fillings started to unravel inside....I felt it getting smaller..."
- "Don't believe the hype!!! I bought two of these believing they would help my migraine as hyped in the infomercials. I Washed it ONCE and it turned into a..."
- "We purchased a leather sofa and love seat from Ashley Furniture,Springdale, OH in November 2008. I have paid around $1000 for these.It has not been 3 years since our purchase..."
- "I purchased two of the toilet bowl lights and installed it but the light does not turn off. It is on constantly therefore it will wear out the batteries much..."
- "...I noticed that the leather is peeling off from lots of places.I didn't even use the bag..."
- "I signed a contract with Re-Bath 8 months ago and I am still waiting for my project to be completed and the repairs done to the areas they damaged during..."