Featured on Pinterest Not resolved

Absolutely horrible customer service!

Related: Coleman Furniture - 6 weeks out and still no delivery date, customer service was rude and not-helpful

If you buy furniture from Coleman Furniture you are taking a huge risk. If you receive defective merchandise, don't expect to hear back from them. After receiving defective leather furniture, I called Coleman Furniture's customer service number, left messages and emailed them with photos of the peeling leather. After a week of trying to get a resolution, I have not ONCE received a returned phone call. Every time I speak to a customer service rep at Coleman Furniture I have to reexplain the situation and then I'm put on hold for excessive periods of time (usually over 20 minutes) often just to get disconnected. I'm continually told they will look into it and call me back, but then I never receive a call. After emailing photos of the peeling leather to a customer service agent at Coleman Furniture, the agent responded that getting it repaired would be "complicated." His exact words were, "I'm not a private investigator... I don't know if it got run over by a bulldozer or what."

I placed an order with Coleman Furniture for the Walnut Axiom Sofa & Loveseat on August 11, 2013. One week later I was contacted by their local delivery company notifying me that the sofa and loveseat had "manufacturing defects." The representative said the delivery drivers had inspected the furniture and since it was not in 100% condition they could not deliver it because it would need to be "repaired" first. I was already concerned at this point because I paid over $1800 for new furniture, not repaired furniture.

The furniture was finally delivered on Thursday, September 5th. Upon visual inspection the sofa and loveseat appeared fine, but on Saturday after sitting on the loveseat, we found the brown "coating" on the loveseat started to peel on the area we sat. There is an area on the bottom of the back cushion of the loveseat where the surface appeared bubbled. When you rub it with your finger, the brown coating peels right off on your finger. Now I can't get any call back from Coleman Furniture despite calling over 10 times in the past week, leaving voicemails, and emailing photos.

Stay away from this company - If they sell you defective merchandise, their customer service is nonexistent. I will never purchase anything from this company again and hope my review of their service will save someone else from this headache.

Review about: Defective Leather Furniture.

Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Not specified / $1000
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with Coleman Furniture?

Comments

Bob

We saw some of the Largo Furniture at a local (Houston) retailer, but which was going out of business, so we passed. Learned that Largo is an importer based in Houston, but who sells to numerous local, national and online retailers. That led us to Coleman Furniture, which has great prices and free delivery on Largo brand furniture. After reading these negative review here and elsewhere, we're turned off to Coleman as a retailer and Largo as a brand (who knows who in China actually makes their stuff?!)

We're just a nice middle class couple looking for a nice leather sofa and love seat in the $2-3K ballpark, but we don't want to get ripped off. Apparently there's no one out there in that price range who is honest and reliable. So we'll have to *** the bullet and go pay $5K+ down at LazyBoy or Star Furniture or wherever. I know it's overpriced, but what can you do? You have to deal with someone who's honest or at least local and long, long established, so you can get a hold of them (on the phone, by the neck, whatever) if there's a problem.

Thank you for this review. It really did spare us a lot of headaches dealing with Coleman and Largo.