Charles B Zbl

Verified Reviewer

Items Delivered Damage. Coleman Wouldn’t Make It Right.

Coleman Furniture - Items Delivered Damage. Coleman Wouldn’t Make It Right.
Coleman Furniture - Items Delivered Damage. Coleman Wouldn’t Make It Right. - Image 2

I had a patio furniture set delivered. Delivery window was Friday 12-4.

Driver showed up at 9pm. Not a big deal, as they were friendly and helpful. My items arrived scratched. The delivery crew took pics and said they would file a claim for me.

After a couple of weeks of hearing nothing, I reached out to Coleman. Their customer service rep was immediately defensive. Why are you just now contacting us? I explained the situation.

They said because I waited (less than a month), Id have to go to the warranty process and pay out of pocket for repairs. IF my warranty was approved they MAY reimburse me.

Cruddy way to treat customers. Avoid Coleman.

Cons:
  • Unknown delivery window
  • Poor customer service
  • Dont stand by their products

User's recommendation: Avoid

Larry E Srp

Verified Reviewer

Furniture delivered with manufacturing problem

Coleman Furniture - Furniture delivered with manufacturing problem
Coleman Furniture - Furniture delivered with manufacturing problem - Image 2

Cabinet door on entertainment center is hung crooked. I signed for the furniture and noticed the problem a couple of hours later and called customer service.

Too late since I signed. Was offered $85 if I could price repair. Repair is $385 so they offered $150.

Return policy is horrible. Wont buy there again.

Pros:
  • Good selection
Cons:
  • Product quality
  • Return policy

User's recommendation: Do not buy from Coleman Furniture

Lauren D Hoh

| map-marker Cedarhurst, New York

DID NOT STAND BEHIND TERMS AND CONDITIONS BC THEY WERE CELEBRATING “holiday”

Coleman Furniture - DID NOT STAND BEHIND TERMS AND CONDITIONS BC THEY WERE CELEBRATING...

I ordered two bedside tables from Coleman furniture. I called the day after receiving and asked for price match - they would not - I asked to return items for refund.

They told me I would have to talk with a manager and they were off due to holiday. I called back and she told me the manager still was off due to holiday and they would not be doing anything towards my order bc it was over 5 days. Management hasnt been at work for 10 days. So they say I am stuck paying way more than what other companies have it listed for.

DO NOT BUY FROM COLEMAN FURNITURE! It is a total rip off. What company runs a business and has no management on the clock for 2 weeks at the time??? She further told me there were no notes on my account of me calling.

I said how would I know your managers were on holiday for Passover if I had not called? No response. No customer service.

No care for making the business transactions right. Its all about them making a dollar while screwing the customer.

Loss:
Cons:
  • Horrible customer service and fraud

User's recommendation: Do NOT buy

Cassandra Z Qdf

Poor customer service

Coleman Furniture - Poor customer service
Coleman Furniture - Poor customer service - Image 2

So I set up a delivery for white glove. The deliver Company shows up with the sorry we missed you sign and placed it on the door and left.

They did not knock. They ignored my calls sending me to voicemail 5 times. I messaged them and asked if they would return and responded no. So I contacted their office and after 30 minutes, camera footage, and screenshots of the voicemail and the text from them, they convinced them to return.

Almost 5 hours later. The delivery company calls me back. They inform me they are on their way and to answer the door this time. They show up.

Stand in front of our door. And tell us they do not assemble because its not their job to do so. Then. They bring the items inside.

My husband tells them again they need to assemble it. They refuse and go to their vehicle and ignore my husband. After 30 minutes of them being rude and unprofessional toward my husband, my husband tells them to leave our property. The Coleman company calls me and informs me Im lying.

That didnt happen.

They would not refund. And provided no solutions.

Pros:
  • Easy to order
Cons:
  • Insinuates you are lying
  • Awful customer service
  • Allows customers to be disrespected

User's recommendation: Find another company

Tiffany M Oim

Verified Reviewer

Horrible customer service and product

Coleman Furniture - Horrible customer service and product

I called Coleman before purchasing to confirm how to order right vs left (they have since made it more clear on website). I purchased the wrong way, accidentally.

When then the delivery company came, and we realized the opposite sides had been ordered-they said it was no big deal and took back the pieces and said Coleman will replace them (never even taken out of the plastic!!) I contacted Coleman and they were extremely unprofessional, over the course of several days they said I could not get correct pieces and I had two options:keep the wrong sided couch pieces or return the ENTIRE couch (which had been sitting in my living room for nearly a week) for over 1K delivery costs. I couldn't believe it. Why they refused to just send the two correct sides baffles me to this day.

The couch quality is not good, already piling. AVOID THIS COMPANY AT ALL COSTS

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered

Leigh A Yqc

Verified Reviewer

DO NOT BUY FROM THIS COMPANY!

Coleman Furniture - DO NOT BUY FROM THIS COMPANY!

DO NOT BUY FROM THIS COMPANY! I ordered two nightstands and received TWO order confirmation emails from the company.

Several days later I received another email saying the price of the nightstands had increased to $700 MORE PER NIGHTSTAND than was advertised online and that I had paid! The new total was over $1400 more than my original order total. They offered me a $25 coupon as consolation and that was it!

They were not helpful at all. The photo of the receipt is BEFORE they increased the price from $939 each to $1649 each!

Cons:
  • Misleading company

Preferred solution: Price reduction

User's recommendation: Extremely untrustworthy company!

Laylanie Fja

| map-marker Cedarhurst, New York

Damaged merchandise and shady company

Coleman Furniture - Damaged merchandise and shady company
Coleman Furniture - Damaged merchandise and shady company - Image 2

Thinking they sell seconds...I received a long awaited dining set and table top was cracked all the way through. "Matching" chairs didn't match color of table even though they were sold in the same set.

"Customer Service" is in the Philippines in the form of a call center type of set up. They quote a 15% restocking fee if you want your money back, even when item is not as pictured and their supplier sends out damaged product. They made me take loads of pix to verify what I and the delivery people noted as defects. Then they make you call a phone # that doesn't work to confirm you sent pix.

Shady business. I asked for a call back from company rep in the USA. Will also have AMX challenge the charge of "Coleman", or whomever they are.

I have a feeling a replacement product will produce the same damaged goods result. Awaiting resolution w/this shady company.

Cons:
  • Shady company who sells damaged furniture for less

Preferred solution: Full refund

User's recommendation: Buy from someplace else

| map-marker Austin, Texas

Warning Potential Customers from not Making the Same Mistake I Did

Coleman Furniture - Warning Potential Customers from not Making the Same Mistake I Did

I recently had a truly awful experience with Colemans Furniture, and I feel compelled to share my story to warn others. This store is an absolute nightmare.

The products are low quality, often defective and poorly assembled. Their Executive chairs are simply not worth the money. I strongly advise against purchasing anything from this company.

Firstly, it's important to note that Colemans Furniture has a terrible track record. A quick search online will reveal numerous negative reviews and complaints, (anything over a 2 star must be fake of self-generated) Read ONLY the 1- and 2-star reviews to see who this company really is.

What's even more disturbing is that they are not accredited by the Better Business Bureau, (See BBB Alert), which should immediately raise red flags for potential customers. I wish I had done the due diligence before I made my purchase.

So here we go After searching for a REAL leather executive office chair, I ended up finding a HEKMAN Black Tufted Leather Chair at Colemans which was listed at $3,599but ON SALE for $2,399 with free set up and delivery. This was substantially more than what I wanted to spend but it was real leather and I wanted high end quality. When my executive chair was delivered, it looked fine.

The delivery company placed it down behind my desk and asked me to sign their paperwork, which I assumed was to verify delivery. I will admit, it was mistake for not spending the 30 minutes it would have taken to read the entire Disclaimer, but it was late in the day, and I had already had a frustrating experience dealing with those guys trying to get the delivery scheduled.

When I sat down in the chair and leaned to the side, the chair sagged to the right and stayed that way. I thought it must have been assembled incorrectly as it was a staggering two inches out of level from left to right. It was impossible to sit on it without feeling completely off-balance and uncomfortable.

Now, any reputable company would take responsibility for such an obvious defect, but not Colemans Furniture.

Instead of offering an apology or even a hint of remorse, they shamelessly deflected the blame back onto me, the customer, saying it was a Post-Delivery issue since I signed the delivery companies paperwork.

To add insult to injury, their customer service was beyond abysmal. It was clear that Colemans Furniture had no interest in rectifying the situation or ensuring customer satisfaction. This level of disregard for customers is inexcusable.

As for their Reviews, it's worth noting that most seem fake or self-generated. As mentioned earlier, if you want to understand the quality of products these guys sell and how they treat paying customers, pay attention to the 1- and 2-star posts.

In conclusion, I strongly advise against purchasing from Colemans Furniture.

The defective and poorly assembled Executive Chairs they sell are not only a waste of money but also a source of frustration and discomfort. The lack of accreditation by the Better Business Bureau, their refusal to accept responsibility, and the dismissive customer service all point to a company that should be avoided at all costs.

Save yourself the headache and look elsewhere for a reliable and reputable furniture store.

Better yet, report them to your states Attorney Generals office for Consumer Protection. Thats what Im going to do

User's recommendation: BEWARE - STAY AWAY

Allison B Iss

| map-marker Lebanon, Virginia

Delivery, communication, delayed shipment, wrong items sent

I ordered a sectional with the expectation of a 4 week delivery timeframe. It has now been 8 weeks.

I had a delivery scheduled for last week. I sold my couch for this replacement once I got the confirmation of delivery. The morning of the expected delivery I received a call that 2 of the pieces of the sectional were the wrong items. Because of how long this had already been, there is no telling how long this will take to be resolved.

My family is without a couch & customer service keeps sending me in circles.

Horrible experience all around. I will never, ever order from Coleman Furniture again.

Cons:
  • Delivery
  • Communication

Stephanie S Vow

SO UPSET, SO ANGRY

Coleman Furniture - SO UPSET, SO ANGRY

GOT PART OF DELIVERY EBD Tbles for couch that was suppose to be in before xmas, rcvd end tables 12/17 need to see with couch -no couch , tried to get in touch on 26 and email back can not return end tables if I don't like or does. not fit with couch.

NO COUCH how can I tell and over xmas and the customer service number on letter that states can. not return as its over 5 days was not in service. that number given on the 23 of dec and could not get thru as it is disconnected. the number on the Cust service letter with guys name disconnected no return on tables so over holiday delivery not couch to see with and can not return, spoke with mgr.

NEVER BUY FROM THIS CO. NEVER THIS IS UNHEARD OF BUS PRACTICE

User's recommendation: NEVER BUY FROM THIS CO

Pasco Rna

No stars!

Paid $500 in storage and restocking. Never got furniture.

Stay far away! Felt shaken down by company.

Loss:
Cons:
  • Terrible customer service
  • Quality

User's recommendation: No way! Needs to go out of business!!

Erin B Bvj

Terrible Delivery

This company is the worst customer service ever!!! They showed up 90 minutes early I wasnt there and now refuse to deliver it again without me paying them.

Stay away!!!

This is a terrible company and treated me terribly. Ill never buy from them again.

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered

User's recommendation: Stay away!!!!

Guest

This is unfortunately not Coleman's fault, but the delivery service they use (which I guess could be their fault for using a scummy delivery service)

William P Fjq

Poor customer service response

Coleman Furniture - Poor customer service response

I received the delivery of a table and chairs on my lunch hour. I signed on the delivery persons phone, my initials and went back to work when I came home and was moving the chairs around the table I noticed a puncture in the leather I am mediately contacted the shipper who told me to contact Coleman, who told me I signed for the furniture and were not willing to do anything to make up for the rip in the leather chair that obviously came from the factory or the delivery team horrible customer service on top of all of that when I ordered the table and chairs I ordered a leather bench along with it and it was not until everything was ordered that they contacted me and told me that the bench was going to have to come from another manufacturer a lot of bait and switch going on at that company. They are a third-party seller I would never use them again.

Pros:
  • Nice furniture set

User's recommendation: Be very wary

Yahira Bst

Worst customer service ever

WORST customer service ever!!! ordered a sofa and it took literally 7 weeks only for it to arrive damaged and dirty!

they only have option for white glove which means they deliver and unpack for you. you will not get anything back if its damaged bc they make you sign off on all this paperwork before they leave.. even when they delivered it with the shrink wrap still in tact! we opted to unpack it ourselves and later found out that it was damaged and dirty.

immediately I sent pictures of before (in shrink wrap) and after (unwrapped and set up) to customer service of the damages and us believing it was a used piece, they refused to help because we signed off saying everything was in good condition.

I will NEVER recommend coleman furniture to any of my family or friends and strongly urge them not to purchase though coleman even though it is slightly cheaper.. I paid for a brand new piece of furniture, I should get a brand new piece.

Yola Cox

Disappointed with customer service

Customer service is absolute trash. I waited 4 months for my couch to be shipped.

I was gifted this couch from my father however he accidentally reported this charge as fraud. Honest mistake considering it took FOUR months for a piece of furniture to be shipped. I was harassed by their financial advisor and I assured them it was an honest mistake and my father would be in communication with his CC company. Their financial advisor said as long as we paid for couch it will be shipped.

A weekend passed and a customer service rep called for an update, out of nowhere she says how can you make things right? Excuse me? Eventually they decided they didnt want to do business with us and to look elsewhere.

I ended up buying a nice sectional from Castlery and it shipped in a week. DONT BOTHER with this company.

Preferred solution: Nothing.

User's recommendation: Just don’t.

Roxanne Yya

They are horrible when it comes to customer service!!

I ordered a sectional and I was gone when it was delivered, as I work out of town the majority of the time. When I arrived home, I noticed that there were snags and rips on the furniture.

When I brough this to their attention, they told me too bad, you didn't get with us within the 5 day grace period. I tried to explain to them that I work and was not at home during the time of delivery. That did not matter to them. They are wanting to give me $50 for compensation on a $1500 couch!?!

These people are crazy!! I will never do business with them again!! Customer service skills suck! Ms.

Zayas needs to learn to be a little more understanding and a little more professional about things!! She is a...o

D

Preferred solution: Full refund

User's recommendation: Do NOT buy from here!! They are horrible!

About